Have you suddenly found yourself with the responsibility of making plans for a funeral service in Central Auckland? When a beloved family member passes away, it is not always an expected event — and if there was no opportunity to engage in pre-planning, you may find yourself feeling confused and out of your depth. The first thing you should do: take a deep breath. As emotionally difficult as this process can be, you do not have to do it alone.
Avoiding Common Mistakes When Making a Funeral Arrangement in Central Auckland
At Epsom Funeral Home, we have 30 years of experience to help individuals like you make arrangements for a proper memorial. In our time providing these services to the region, we’ve learned much about what families feel and experience after a death. With that in mind, consider a few words of advice about how to avoid pitfalls many can experience when trying to coordinate with funeral homes in Central Auckland.
- Don’t Allow Yourself to Feel Rushed or Pressured. This is a stressful time, and your partner in this process should understand that. We understand that may be time pressure created by the arrival of family, but you do not have to make decisions before you are ready.
- Don’t Forget to Set a Budget. Funerals are an expense, and though it is one best planned for, that is not always possible. Work with someone who can tailor their services to match your needs and your budget without unnecessary additions.
- Don’t Feel Like You Cannot Ask Questions. Engage with the process as much as you feel comfortable and remember that there are no questions you should not feel entitled to ask. Whether it’s why a service carries the price tag it does or an inquiry into where others can send flowers, be forthcoming with your concerns.
By taking care to minimise the stress of the situation, you can make a funeral arrangement in Central Auckland that allows you to focus on the healing process.
What Makes Epsom Funeral Home the Right Choice?
We know there are several attributes to our service that make us the ideal option for helping you at this time.
- Our inclusivity means we work well for everyone — we even have staff who speak Mandarin and Cantonese so our Chinese neighbours have access to local choices for an arrangement.
- Here for you in a time of need, we have the understanding and flexibility necessary to create a memorable and honourable service for your loved one.
- Facing a sudden loss with a limited budget? We understand these constraints well, too, and can adapt services as needed.
A Cost-Effective Choice
Your funeral service provider should never be the one to put pressure on you — either to move quickly or to spend beyond your budget. In other words, the service you receive should not leave you feeling like “just another number.” Don’t miss out on the better choice in funeral homes: a caring family-owned business that treats you with respect from the first point of contact to the day of the service itself. Read more about our services now, or use our contact form to get in touch today. Let us know how we can help.